Medicare subscribers may appeal decisions you disagree with, but all steps in the appeal process have specific time frames and other requirements. You must pay close attention to the time limits for appeals!
- Medicare denies your request for a health care service, supply, or prescription
- Medicare denies payment for health care you have already received
- Medicare stops covering services that you are receiving
- Medicare pays a different amount than you believe it should
- Medicare drug plan denies coverage of your medication
To understand and access Medicare benefits, call your senior center and ask for a SHINE appointment. Trained SHINE volunteers offer free, confidential counseling on all aspects of health insurance to anyone on Medicare. You can reach a SHINE counselor at 1-800-AGE-INFO (1-800-243-4636), then press or say 3. Once you get the SHINE answering machine, leave your name and number; a volunteer counselor will return you call as soon as possible.
Last updated 9/21/2015